The emergence of e-books was a real discovery that delighted many fans of readable reading around the world. Amazon’s Kindles line is currently one of the most used and popular ways to read an e-book thanks to its user-friendly interface. However, some of the features of Kindles for users may remain unknown, and in this article, we will tell you about some of the features of using Kindles.
How to Get Free Kindle Books
Perhaps some users did not know that there are methods to get free e-books. One such way is to borrow a book from public libraries. Usually it works like this: you purchase a book via your account on Amazon, and to give it back, you need to navigate to the “Manage Content and Device” tab. However, if you pull a book from the library and switch off the Wi-Fi, it remains on your device even after it lapses, until you switch it back on.
The second way is Prime Reading, but you need to be part of the Amazon Prime community to do this. Its members have at their disposal many free books and magazines, and they are also provided with one free book every month.
The Kindle Owners List Library is another way to get your hands on a free book. This way you can take one free book and keep it as long as you like.
Read Anywhere, Anytime
The most recent versions of the Kindle tablet have a front backlight for a more comfortable reading experience. The Oasis model even lets you adjust the light and is waterproof. You can open any book anywhere and with any connection because all the material is stored in the free cloud.
Kindle also impresses with his ability to hold the battery. Charging can last for about a week, and if you do not use Wi-Fi, then even more.
Add notes and take screenshots
You can select a specific part of the text or take notes by simply touching a specific word and swipe your finger over the display.
Use the annotation reserve feature to save notes and share them on your social networks.
There is also one nuance that confuses some e-book users, the fact is that Amazon saves the notes of previous users in the books, so if you want to get rid of them, do the following:
- Enter the “Menu” and then “Settings”
- Click on the “Reading Options” tab and click on “Popular Highlights” to disable this feature
Share your favorite books with others
Give your preferred reading to a friend, or borrow them from friends in just a few clicks, to do this:
- Login to “Content and Device Management” on your Amazon account and click on “Actions”
- In a new tab, select the book you want to share and click “Borrow this title”
- Input the email address of someone you would like to send it to, and submit the book
- Consequently, the addressee can use the book for 14 days, and to bring it back to the owner, just erase its name from your library
Change your language preference
If you don’t know how to change language on amazon kindle then here’s how to do it:
- Go to settings at the top corner of your screen
- Go to the “device options” tab
- Click on the “Personalize your Kindle” button
- Choose the option “language”
- Choose your preferred language and press ok